I Love a simple and easy frosting and I don’t think that this frosting could get any easier.
It’s just two ingredients and little bit of waiting, but that’s it. Simple.
I was a bit nervous of the consistency of the ganache when I pulled my container out of the fridge. It has the consistency of melted ice cream. It tasted great, but it wasn’t thick like what you would think of for traditional ganache. If you are familiar with chocolate sauces or truffles, you know that it thickens up in the fridge to a more solid state. This was just liquid.
The good news is that it whipped up great! It resulted in a light and fluffy chocolate whipped cream that tasted amazing!
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- 6 oz semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat the cream in a small sauce pan over medium low heat stirring occasionally and not allowing a skin to form. Bring it to a simmer then remove from heat.
- Add in the chocolate chips and allow it to sit for 5 minutes to melt. Stir the chocolate cream until ALL the chocolate is melted.
- Cover and chill overnight.
- Pour into your mixer bowl and whip with the whisk attachment. Start at a low speed and gradually increase the speed whipping until it just starts to hold the shape. Don't over-whip it.
- Frost your cake and enjoy.