Chocolate Whiskey Cake with Whiskey infused Dulce de Leche and Whiskey Ganache
I’ve finished off the amazing Chocolate Whiskey Cake with Whiskey Ganache and chocolate decorations. It was a wonderful topping to this cake. I could have left it with just the cake and frosting, most people would, but I’ve got to take everything to the next level.
The addition of the whiskey ganache was actually my husband’s idea. He wanted a “man’s cake” something that would be great for a groom’s cake. I, honestly, was a bit thrown by the idea of making a groom’s cake, but I think this may just be as close to one as I can make.
I would totally have allowed my husband to have this as his groom’s cake.
I’ve been snacking on this cake for the past week. It was just so good.
Everyone that I’ve shared it with really enjoyed it. It was actually hard to give this one away. I was craving it late the other night and almost got out of bed to sneak downstairs for a bite. I really, really wanted some.
Oh heck, even now that I’m thinking about it I’m wishing that had some to snack on. Oh, well, I’m glad I was able to share it with friends who appreciated it.
This really is a great chocolate cake that just got better each day. The whiskey got a bit stronger each day and the chocolate got smoother each day. I loved it everyday!
BTW- I found this article about whiskey really informative.
- 4 oz Dark Chocolate
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons Whiskey
- Chocolate Whiskey Cake with Whiskey Dulce de Leche Frosting
- 2 oz chocolate for decorations.
- Frost the cake and refrigerate while preparing the ganache.
- Heat the cream to a simmer and pour over chopped dark chocolate. Let the heat melt the chocolate for 5 minutes before stirring.
- Stir until the chocolate is completely melted. Add in the whiskey and allow to cool.
- Melt the additional chocolate and make drizzle decorations on a piece of parchment and let harden in the fridge.
- When ready to serve, pour the ganache over the cake and top with the chocolate decorations.
To get the Dulce de Leche Recipe, click here.
For the Chocolate Whiskey Cake and Frosting recipes, click here.