Are you a fan of Orange and Chocolate? If not, you’re about to become one!
This is a Vegan Cake that is rich and moist and has a wonderful balance of the orange and chocolate flavors. My husband and I love our “traditional” cake made with butter, eggs, and milk, however, in my never-ending quest to make new recipes, I decided to give this vegan thing a try.
However, I then went and covered it with a whipped cream frosting, resulting in it loosing all the value of being vegan. If you’re looking for a great vegan frosting, head on over to my friend Lisa’s Blog for her recipe.
Honestly, I’m only human and wasn’t really thinking it through when I picked this frosting.
It was light and fluffy and the chocolate flavor was great! I divided this cake into quarters and gave 3/4 away and everyone who had some loved it!
That’s from adding the cake batter a quarter cup at a time in the pan. Instead of marbling the two together, I added the batter in “rings” and it looks amazing on the inside! I love it!
- Frost your cold cake with the Whipped Ganache Frosting and place it into the fridge.
- Peel your tangerines and set the "pretty" ones aside. Discard any that are ripped or disfigured.
- Melt you chocolate chips in a bowl and stir until smooth.
- Dip your tangerine segments into the chocolate, shake off the excess and place it on to a cookie sheet lined with wax paper. Do a majority facing the same direction (for the outer perimeter) and a few dipped in the opposite direction for the inner design.
- Remove the cake and add the chocolate dipped tangerines to the top of the cake. Add some candied orange peel to the cake as well.
- Cut and serve.
Get the recipe for the Ganache Frosting HERE.
Sugar Free Orange Peel Recipe HERE.
Recipe for Sugared Orange Peel HERE.