Pastry Puffs filled with Brownie Ice Cream and topped with Ganache – Day One – Chocolate Brownie Ice Cream
Whew! It was HOT in Florida last week! A lot of ice cream and popsicles were consumed at Disney World! My favorite treat was the chocolate covered frozen bananas. Yumm-o!
Before I left for vacation, I made this ice cream and filled little pastry puffs with it! It was GOOD! This week, I’ve broken down the recipes to making this amazing and fun dessert!
I found this ice cream recipe last year and had it pinned forever! I’ve been wanting to make it, but honestly, just never got around to it. It got shuffled and forgotten and while I was cleaning up some pins, I “re-discovered” it and thought it would be perfect to add to a little pastry puff.
I love making ice cream and this was another simple recipe that didn’t involve a stove top. Oh, and by the way, it tasted like a Wendy’s Frosty! Seriously! You’ve gotta try this recipe.
Wait a second… you don’t own an Ice Cream maker? Then it’s a darn good thing that I’m working on a giveaway for one. Watch for it in June! I own the KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment and I love it!
What kind of Ice Cream maker do you have?
Serves: 1 quart of ice cream
- Recipe from HERE
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 cup Whole Milk
- ½ cups Sugar
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- pinch Salt
- ¼ cups Cocoa Powder
- 1-¼ cup Dry Brownie Mix
- Combine all ingredients into a large glass or metal bowl and mix with a wire whisk until combined. The cocoa and the brownie mix should be fully incorporated and dissolved. It will be grainy.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pour into your ice cream maker and follow the instructions for the machine being used.
- Once the proper soft serve consistency is reached, transfer it to a freezer safe container and freeze overnight.
- Scoop out and serve.