This is some of the BEST ice cream I’ve ever made! EVER! I absolutely love this Amaretto Ice Cream with chocolate fudge swirls, mini chocolate chips and Amaretto pecans and I am so stoked that I actually still have some in my freezer! And what’s even better is that it’s real ice cream! Made with sugar, cream, milk, and Amaretto Liqueur.
I have to let you in on a little personal opinion of mine – there is no such thing as “lite” or “skinny” or “fat-free” ice cream. Ice CREAM is all about the cream, the heavy cream! It’s supposed to have at least 10% milkfat. If it doesn’t have milkfat, it’s NOT ice cream!
Do yourself a favor and skip any and all of the diet ice creams.
Just do yourself a favor and get an ice cream maker. You’ll thank me for it in the long run!
I have this KitchenAid Ice Cream Maker Attachment that I love! Yes, it takes up space in the freezer and you need to remember to pre-freeze it in advance, but for the price, I think it’s great.
Now, you get a Cuisinart 2-Quart Automatic Ice Cream Maker but it takes up space, and you still need to pre-freeze the metal bucket, and I don’t think that they make as much ice cream as the KA one.
However, if you’re a serious about your ice cream, you can always go big and get a compressor style maker like this Breville Smart Scoop Ice Cream Maker or this Whynter Ice Cream Maker. I’d love to have one of these!
Serves: 4 cups
- 2 eggs
- ¾ C sugar
- 2 C heavy cream
- 1 C whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ C Amaretto Liqueur
- ¼ C Amaretto Pecans, chopped
- ¼ C mini chocolate chips
- Hot Fudge Sauce
- Whisk the eggs and sugar until pale and fluffy. Mix in the cream, milk, vanilla, and Amaretto.
- Transfer it to your frozen ice cream maker and follow the instructions. The KA mixer takes about 30 minutes to process into ice cream.
- At the end of the mixing cycle, add in the mini chocolate chips and the amaretto pecans.
- Transfer the mixture into a freezer safe container and gradually add some hot fudge sauce to the layers. Don't mix it in, just add a few swirls as you add the layers of ice cream.
- Freeze overnight, scoop and serve.
- This ice cream will remain on the soft side due to the alcohol.