Oh! I loved these cupcakes! Aren’t they just so elegant??
I thought they were and my Thanksgiving dinner guests thought so too!
That’s right! I made cupcakes for Thanksgiving dessert. No pie. I just could not bring myself to make a dessert that I couldn’t photograph. The final dress up and photo shoot was done at noon on Thanksgiving when I really should have been cleaning… oh well! It all got taken cake of.
I’ve got some Duff Brand Fondant, Gumpaste, Frosting, Cake Decorations, a Wilton Cupcake Pan, and 12 cupcake decoration liners from Bella Cupcake Couture.
I’ve teamed up with 19 sweet bloggy friends to bring you THIS AMAZING KITCHENAID GIVEAWAY!! WOO HOO!! One way to enter the giveaway is to visit all the blogs for a scavenger hunt to decode the Secret Holiday Message.
Record the word TOWN and head on over to Something Swanky for the next word in the scavenger hunt! When you visit all 19 blogs, you’ll have to put the words in order to decode the Secret Scavenger Hunt message and enter to WIN this KitchenAid Professional Mixer!
Beautiful Red Velvet Cupcakes will be the hit of the dinner party!
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ounce (2 tablespoons) red food coloring
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 oz Cream Cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Sugar Crystals, optional
- Fondant Circles
- sugared Cranberries
- Begin by preheating the oven to 350. Place liners into the cupcake pan.
- Beat eggs with whisk attachment for 5 minutes.
- Slowly add oil and sugar, beating well then add buttermilk, vinegar, vanilla, and red food coloring.
- Switch to the paddle attachment and add dry ingredients, beating until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop, measure the batter into the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Set aside and cool.
- Combine all ingredients until desired consistency is reached. Put in a pipping bag fitted with a Wilton 1M tip. Frost the cupcakes and decorate with some white sugar sprinklies Set aside.
- Take your 2" fondant circle and add a touch of corn syrup. Attach 3 sugared cranberries and a leaf. Place the fondant circle on top of frosting.
Cupcake and Frosting recipe from SprinkleBakes: Dessert Recipes to Inspire Your Inner Artist