This week I’m celebrating New Years! However, I’m so burnt out on baking from all the Christmas treats I’ve made here and over on Pint Sized Baker, so this is a very special No-Bake Dessert Table.
So, I’ve glammed up some Marshmallows, Strawberries, Rice Krispie Treats, and Oreo’s. I hope you don’t mind the slight change of pace.
I LOVED how they all turned out!
On day one, we are just focusing on the Dipped Marshmallows.
To dress up these basic, plain-jane marshmallows I used a few different items. I used some Silver Spray Paint and some Gold Spray Paint. But I really loved the almost champagne effect that I got with just some Silver Pearl Dust.
They just turned out beautifully.
Simple but Stunning White Chocolate Dipped Marshmallows
- Duff Brand Edible Gold Spray Paint
- Duff Brand Edible Silver Spray Paint
- Wilton Silver Pearl Dust
- Fancy Tooth Picks like this or this
- White Candy Melts
- Go through the bag of marshmallows and pick out the best ones to use.
- Put your bag of candy melts into a large, deep mug and melt in the microwave being careful not to overheat it. Best practice is to do 1 minute and stir. Then 30 seconds at 70% power and stir. Let the heat of the mug aid in the melting of the candy. It should take about 5 minutes of stirring to get it all melted and smooth.
- Dip the tip of the wooden pick into the candy and then insert it half way into the marshmallow. Dip the entire marshmallow in the candy and let the excess drip off. Stand the dipped marshmallow up on a cookie sheet lines with wax paper to dry.
- Once all are done, use your edible spray paint to gently apply some color. Follow the directions and don't be too close to the pop. Set it aside to dry.
- To use the Pearl Dust, simply use a dry and clean paint brush to brush on the pearl dust to the dry candy coating. No drying required, just set it aside.
- For the stripes, give your candy a good stir and make sure that it falls off your spatula in a smooth ribbon. Then simply twist the marshmallow under the ribbon of candy. Check out my YouTube video here.
- While it's still wet, sprinkle the Rainbow Disco Dust over. Set it aside to dry.
- Make a variety and enjoy!