My husband is the real Chocolate Peanut Butter lover in the house. Since he doesn’t try any of the fruit desserts I make, I make some treats special for him. THIS was his some thing special.
He was totally blown away when he saw this dessert. It’s a total first for me. Almost all of it was new to me. It was my first time making Aebleskiver . It was my first time making crepes. I think I did a pretty good job at both of them! I’m kinda proud of myself.
Putting this “cake” together was pretty easy and I did make it all in one day. None of it is very labor intensive or tricky to make. It is time-consuming to stand at the stove for an hour to cook everything one at a time, but it all held up great and came together perfectly.
Oh… And don’t you just love my new Cake Stand?? It’s one of my Christmas presents from my Mother-in-Law. I LOVE it!
In fact, I got three new cake stands for Christmas! Woo Hoo! I also got a matching MacKenzie-Childs Cake Knife to go with my MacKenzie-Childs Fluted Cake Stand. I’m so excited to have such a supportive family who supplies my “crack” for my blogging and baking habit. I truly do believe that everything tastes better when it’s served on beautiful plates :). Why else would little girl tea party kits be so beautiful.
I told my husband this was his early Birthday Cake. I even sang to him and everything. I hope I’m off the hook for his real birthday later in the month. In fact, he ate this entire slice right here!
There are 18 chocolate crepes with a layer of cream cheese, chocolate spread and peanut butter in between each one. Then I’ve topped them a peanut butter spread, added the Reese’s Peanut Butter stuffed Aebleskiver, drizzled on some chocolate syrup and then gave it a good dusting of powdered sugar! Aaaahhhhhh! Makes you wanna dive into that mountain of sugar doesn’t it.
Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Crepes, Pancakes Puffs!! Mind blown!
- Chocolate Crepes
- 6 oz cream cheese, softened
- 6 oz peanut butter
- 6 oz Hershey's Chocolate Spread
- 4 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Chocolate Syrup
- Powdered Sugar
- Mix equal parts cream cheese, chocolate spread and peanut butter in a mixer on medium speed. Beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Layer a crepe with one to two tablespoons of filling and spread it evenly. Be careful not to get too much in the center of the crepes and too little at the edges. You'll end up with a large mound in the center.
- Melt your peanut butter and coconut oil in the microwave for 10 - 20 seconds together and stir until smooth. Pour over the crepes.
- Arrange the Aebleskiver around the tops. I did have to anchor a few with a toothpick because they kept sliding off with the peanut butter.
- Drizzle the chocolate syrup and a few sprinkles of powdered sugar. You can also add a few mini chocolate chips if you'd like.
- Enjoy it layer by layer or bite by bite. There's no wrong way to eat this.
Find the Reese’s Peanut Butter stuffed Aebleskiver recipe HERE.
Find the Chocolate Crepes recipe HERE.